The Knicks are officially the most ignorant franchise out there. Fire Isiah Thomas! Thomas has no clue and it is completely oblivious.
The Knicks are officially the most ignorant franchise out there. Fire Isiah Thomas! Thomas has no clue and it is completely oblivious.
"I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."
lol, are we a knicks fan?
Isiah made some weird picks but he has a good history of drafting. The problem is its going to be hard to get rid of Marbury and Francis. Once they ditch those guys they should be able to build around Frye and some of the other young guys. It will take a long time Im sure. Larry Brown/Marbury crippled that team. Get them a coach like D'Antoni and a real point guard and I guarantee they win 40 games next year.
I'm not a Knicks fan but good draft? When??? I'll quote the ESPN grades up currently.
Analysis: From 1995 to 2004, the Knicks were the worst drafting team in the NBA, according to our John Hollinger. Isiah Thomas did a pretty good job of reversing course the last two years, but took two major steps backwards this year.
I understand why Thomas likes Renaldo Balkman -- he's the anti-Knick. He's a hard working, blue-collar athlete who scraps and fights for everything he gets. He doesn't want to shoot 20 times a game and doesn't have a 40-man entourage whispering in his ear about how great he is.
But I just don't think Balkman has the talent to warrant a first-round selection. He might have the right attitude, but I can't see him as anything more than a marginal role player in the NBA.
You can't fault Larry Brown, he didn't bring the players to the Knicks, that would be Isiah. Larry didn't go bring in Marbury and Francis, he was dealt that hand.
Now I'll grant you that I think Larry gave up on the team however Larry Brown also has that history of totally breaking a team down, then building it up, but he has to have support. Look at this way, Larry Brown the coach has won. Isiah the executive bankrupted an entire league. History seems to side that the Zeke must go.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
pretty sure he was sayin that Thomas has a good history of drafting...not the Knicks...and it says as much in the article you posted "Isiah Thomas did a pretty good job of reversing course the last two years"
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Maybe Isiah has done an ok job, but I think its like comparing your awesome Yugo compared to walking. Its a streamline machine compared to what it was, but still how many people think its good [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Frye and Lee were good picks, not great but good
Year before that was Trevor Ariza if the article I'm reading was right.
The issues aren't so much draft rights, because they trade their draft rights to sign people to big contracts that aren't that good. I mean its like getting a $501.37 check, blowing the $500.00 but investing the $1.37 really well. It's nice that you did that (decent late picks now and then) but blowing up your ability to get anybody good because you can't draft and you really can't afford. This was from last year
In all seriousness, I have to ask this question. Does Isiah Thomas know that the NBA has a salary cap in place? If a team's collective payroll exceeds $49.5 million, that team must pay a dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on all salaries exceeding said threshold. At the time of this article, the Knicks are roughly $65 million over the cap, which means they'll be paying more in luxury tax than what the 2005 NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs have allotted for player salaries this season.
I mean think about that...look at their roster, how much they are paying and Isiah as GM and President of basketball operations has made more than a few of those deals and look at him as a complete picture.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Im talking about with the pacers as well as last year with Frye and Nate Robinson.
The Bulls get to swap first round picks with them next year if they want. I think theyre going to be using that option the way its looking.
Bookmarks